How furniture is created From the idea to the finished sofa
Furniture quality: a look inside
- Hardwood Frame W.SCHILLIG frames are constructed of kiln dried hardwood and top-grade ³/4" plywood, double doweled, glued, and stapled joints dramatically increase stability and durability.
- Spring Coils W.SCHILLIG seats are engineered with steel coil springs to create consistent, long lasting comfort. And, for additional comfort, we intertwine the coils in high density foam.
- Cushioning High-density cushion foam.
- Dacron cushioning This high-quality synthetic support provides for cosy, soft seating comfort and a modern, casual look (is attached to or glued on the quilted back cushion).
- High quality leather or fabric W.SCHILLIG selects top grain cow hide leather. Chosen from the top 4% of all hides, our fine leathers offer a luxurious seating surface. We work with the top mills to provide great fabrics.
- Elastic webbing in the backrest acts as an additional suspension for soft, long-lasting flexible support of the body.
- Plywood side frame All cuts for stress areas (e.g. side parts) are made of plywood and offer the same stability as massive hardwood.
- No-sag suspension Incorporating nosag-suspension is the best way to provide permanent, ergonomic support.
- Hand-crafted Connections side pieces and frame are dowelled, stapled woods base-stabilized: manufacturing with traditional handicraft in time-tested durability.
4. Sewing department
The first step is to sew together the fleece and the leather/fabric pieces that are to be particularly soft (e.g. outer edging, seat and back cushions etc.). Hereafter, single pieces are gathered on a special machine. This is the terminology for »deliberately adding folds« to create a casual look to the furniture. Only then are the still separate pieces placed on the sewing assembly line. Our qualified specialists sew together approx. 220 parts per suite to create a cover for the furniture. One employee sews the complete suite so as to maintain a uniform look. Later on, the contrast stitch is applied with the double-needle sewing machine. Every cover is carefully checked for flaws in a final inspection.
7. Upholstery department
The upholstery department is the heart of the production (comparable to the final assembly for automobiles)! Only the highest quality materials are used and the experience of the employees is of utmost importance! The filled cushions from point 5) are draped onto the upholstered frame from point 6) and optional functional hinges attached. The cover is tightened and nailed onto the frame. Finally, the draped back cover is aligned. With the help of spanning strips, the cover can then be fastened to the frame. It is especially important to neatly upholster the edges, the front side and the facing. Plastic feet are attached for safe and careful delivery.
An affiliated logistics company provides for safe and careful transport to the customer.